For your convenience, our most common customer questions are answered right here.
http://salutedelluomo.net/articoli/ci-sono-valide-alternative-ai-farmaci-noti-per-limpotenza.php Q: How long is a Buying Day meeting?
A: Our Buying Day meetings are 20 minute face-to-face sessions during which you will be able to talk to your product category’s buyer or decision maker.
Q: Will I meet with the right buyer for my product?
A: Yes. We do several “double-checks”before the event to ensure this but if, for any reason, you sit down and the buyer is not correct, let us know before you leave so that we can get you in to see the right buyer!
Q: What should I bring to a Buying Day meeting?
A: We recommend bringing what you normally take to a buyer meeting at their HQ. A few ‘representative’ samples; a leave behind; and a power point presentation are normally well received.
Q: What happens during a Buying Day meeting?
A: We recommend that you spend a few minutes introducing yourself and your company (size of company; years in business; any well known customers that you currently serve); Then focus on your product presentation. Buyers are looking for the compelling reason to buy, so be prepared to present the competitive advantages of your product vs your competition. Always leave a few minutes at the end to ask:
- What are the next steps?
- Are there any obstacles to doing business?
- What can I do to go to the next step?
Q: What retailers participate in your Buying Days?
Q: Can I bring my product?
A: Yes, you can bring your product. You will have space and time to set up your product. Click here to find some pictures of our Home Depot Canada Buying Day event showing how others set up their products.
Q: When will I find out if the buyer liked my product?
A: You should expect to leave the meeting knowing if there is an opportunity and…if “yes”, what the next steps are…if “no”what is the obstacle so that you can either overcome it and re-approach or concentrate on other sales opportunities.
Q: I want to get my product into the European DIY market – can you help?
A: We have strong, long-standing relationships with all the major DIY chain retailers in Europe and have been helping suppliers pioneer that market since 1988.
Q: What if I can’t travel to a Buying Day location?
A: We do offer a Skype option for some events.
Q: What if I have to cancel my meeting last minute? What is your cancellation policy?
A: Because these are individual pre-scheduled meetings there is a firm deadline to cancel. You may substitute a colleague to attend at any time but there are no refunds after the deadline.
Q: Do you offer Skype Buying Day meetings?
A: Yes, for some events.
Q: Do you offer Buying Days in other countries outside the USA?
A: Yes. We have done Buying Day meetings in Canada, Europe and China and also have international retailers join us at trade shows in the US.
Q: How can I receive updates on upcoming events?
A: We invite you to sign up to our mailing list. You will then receive our Buying Days campaigns and monthly newsletters containing all the information on our upcoming events.
Q: Why do you charge money for a Buying Day meeting?
A: The retailers for which we manage a Buying Day do not get any money. The fee goes to the Presidents Council, and there are a few reasons for the fee:
- These events require a lot of work and we have to make a living. The fee helps pay for event administration, organization, travel expenses, etc.
- The fee is a “qualifier” to ensure that you are serious, interested and prepared to meet these leading chain retailers. In the past, any time these meetings were offered “free of charge,” we found that almost 1/3 of the suppliers who scheduled meetings became “no-shows,” thus leaving the buyers with huge gaps in their appointment schedules.
- It is for suppliers who have existing programs. The fee weeds out the “basement and garage inventors” and “tire kickers” who might not have manufacturing, program, product inventory, etc., and has resulted in quality events where retailers find new vendors! The participating retailer puts all of their buyers in one room for one day, and asks us to fill their appointment schedules with new potential suppliers who are ready to do business.