Be prepared for your Buying Day meeting
– Helpful hints –
Please come prepared with as much of the following information as possible.
Items to bring:
Be prepared for:
Be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Bring catalogs and brochures
- Bring company literature and samples if possible.
- Don’t forget to bring your business cards (and ask for one from whomever you are meeting with)
- Prepare a basic price list including calculations made on the basis of FOB for 20′ or 40′ container.
- Be able to give freight information about your products, such as standard pack and standard pack carton size in cubic ft., weight of the package, quantities possible in a 20′ or 40′ container.
- Payments: Most common terms are LC at sight or LC 30/60/90 days from invoice date (preferred). Or open account and payment after 30/60/90 days of the invoice date.
- Size of your company?
- Order lead times?
- Do you have sales reps?
- Who, if anyone, are you currently supplying?
- What guarantee is offered on the item? For how long?
- Is there any service after the sale? How is it handled?
(Spare parts – Free? Free goods to replace to customers?)
- Special promotional offers?